Sunday, May 31, 2009

You don't have to stay; but I hoped you would anyway.

Another night, hot then cold
Did I really expect anything different
If tomorrow comes and you're not here
Well I knew EXACTLY what you meant
And the similarities between you and him
keep seeping through the framework of your
disconcerting so unnerving cold and shaking fingertips
I'm starting to hate the way it tastes the word he couldn't
find its all I seem to be able to say
but just like me you could never stay

why cant you be the same person on the street
that you are when you're lying next to me
you think this is something that I call easy?
I haven't cared in almost two years
I guess timing was never my gift

So when tomorrow comes I know you'll be gone
and what we've become? well you can't lose something you never had
don't worry I hear its quite easy getting over you won't be so bad.
and we both know you will be fine
when you never let them in, you don't have to be kind.

It meant something to you
But I'm still waiting for you to show up.
and I've been there before I know how this ends 
it's unrequited, it's an empty doorway, it's a lack of pictures
but it's fine, we can be "friends"

right.


No comments: