Sunday, May 17, 2009

Everyone looks the same in the dark. Except they don't.

backstage blacked out

if you're lucky you might get a shout out

“that girl from last night”

it’s all you’ll ever be

falling over boys with drumsticks and microphones

and you still think you’re not a groupie?

It’s the way we get by

every boy with every lie 

excuses and antidotes

just take the pills that make the pain go away

it wont give you what you needed, what you needed him to say

it will be gone in the morning with him and that 4 letter word

but you will never hear him tell you to stay

lets get real, every hand that plays every chord

every word screamed from those pretty lips

the waist you clutch as the lights go dim

the truth is you’re only seeing him


so let go. it’s so much easier to sing.

let go. you don’t want to hurt again.

when you shut it off you didn’t want to live

its a funny world we’re living in. let go.


a new day a new place. it really all looks the same

ohio winters are cold but my heart is aflame, and

it never was like you to stay and fight

crossed off brainwashed, i hate the way I am tonight

I only know how to be me when I’m with you, and I hate it too, 

raw vulnerable crawling, I guess I opened up

Can you hear that sugarcult song echoing in the background?

hey girl you know how this ends so don’t let it begin

misunderstood, this angel boy has a devils grin

oh pretty girl is suffering tonight.


so let go. it’s so much easier to sing.

let go. you don’t want to hurt again.

when you shut it off you didn’t want to live

its a funny world we’re living in. let go.


she doesn’t know you like I do

how could anyone? this song isn’t about you.

it’s about all of you. 

rip her down. tear her apart.

she’ll like it. because this one doesn’t want to be treated well

fuck me over. you know I’ll come crawling back

so beautiful in blue and black.


so let go.



No comments: