Friday, November 27, 2009

You're Gonna Need a Bodybag

Don't waste your time aiming for jealousy
and don't say you're not, after everything you are supposed to be
And don't tell me you are a friend to me
If after 3 years of hell you would regress to this
Letting it go, back to the days of freshman mistakes
Back to the days of hanging legs over lakes
Of tears spilled for you, never addressed
of the boys with no names and the girls you undressed
Of the time spent waiting for you to come around
But you never did, the facade of moving on
I wouldn't be here If i didn't care
Don't act like you were waiting here
Scream it in my face, go ahead
I'm calling your bluff, I'm calling you out
I lost feeling remember?
Or did you forget that lonely september?
you weren't there, dear, to catch any tear
that fell and drowned me, baptized in misery
came out new, forgetting everyone including you
I had to.

So take your drugs
You know I can't judge
we all have our vices and we all have our places
we'll fear the most and flee to the coast
to get away from it all
Its sad to me, what could be
It could have been you and me
It could have been you and me
but it will never be
So I'll flee to the coast to get away from it all

You want it? Here it is! You had me.
You had me and you pushed me away
Don't tell me to stay
You never knew how, you watched me run away
you didn't care when I fell apart
I fixed it myself so what, now comes 21
and more things have changed
the general theme remains the same I guess in some ways
Theres still girls and boys
they still grow up fast
and I'm still the one with the backstage pass
Go ahead get mad, I'm sorry I know it makes you sick
But I always fell over for the one with the pick
It could have been us
Now I know how to let things go
Now I know how to live and let live
Now I know not to count on you.
You know it's true.


"When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me. It's you. It's you, Peyton."




1 comment:

Jacob said...

This is impressive and really personal, but that's what poems are for.

P.S. that "freshmen mistakes, hanging legs over lakes" line is soo good. Can totally picture moments like that.