Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Non-Fiction


That was the best summer of my life
My heart never beat faster and I
can't honestly say that I wasn't In love
what is it anyway
An idea beaten to death by reality
when all we will ever be is buried in notions of ideally
together is better and fighting is fine
I'll love you forever, and not forget time
spent next to you however short
this one is completely about you so please smile
We lasted this long, I think we can take on a lifetime
I'm not trying to string you along
because strings are for puppets and you can't be held down
I'm not lying so try to believe
the best part is I'm happy, but if it kills you it will kill me
We are poster children for how to balance this scene
And maybe it hurts at time but at least it's not fake
when the bass begins and the drums kick in and your next to me
It couldn't be anyone else
The music will bind us eternally
For better or worse, whatever the label
There's still songs to be sung
So Martin was right
Maybe two is better than one.

But two one's make 11.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

I like your poems. Really heartfelt (what aren't). I started a new blog if you care to take a gander... http://hootsnhowls.blogspot.com/