Saturday, August 1, 2009

Keep Me Where The Light Is

Surrounded by you
Today you passed through me
and I felt you
but you were almost invisible
My mile high obsession
maybe you remind me of someone I once knew
Or maybe it's just me.
You are always leaving
But I could never ask you to stay
Breathless
I can't find the words in your presence
You leave me, You leave me wanting more.

If I could leave this atmosphere
Find a middle ground
Will you meet me tonight?
Wearing my favorite shade of gray
And every new meeting I find you different
You are a stranger I know well, or maybe not at all
And as I write these words you are surrounding me
with your ominous serenity
And I still feel you hold the answers
to the questions I never knew to ask
In this atmospheric ocean
so above our earthly needs
I ask that you will please excuse my vanity
I know that you can't stay and I may never understand
I just need to know that you'll come back 
to take my breath away again.

Of one thing I'm sure
I will always find you beautiful. I will always find you.



No comments: