Monday, August 31, 2009

It's 3am I must be lonely

So all this time I was just searching for a line worth crossing
A feeling that would make this chaos worth stopping
like the one we let slip through our hands in your driveway
There was nothing you could say to make me stay
Cardboard lists made to rationalize, yet still
With All those words you could never find
I was moving on while I was waiting for you
when fall comes and the wind is new
So, I fell and everyone knows it
and laughed as I played the puppet
with strings pulling in every direction
well forgive me If I couldn’t reach for you
forgive me If I was suppose to
have known you were even still there
And in the end
You were first, but he was surrounding me
And in the end
well everything ends
I wont say goodbye
We can call it closure
But the lid doesn’t fit
Let these skeletons turn to ashes
Lets breath them in
until the dust covers everything
Until it stops the beating
Of what once held something
I left half of it in your hand
and the other half in that fountain

and in the end
everything ends