Sunday, February 20, 2011

What can I say I miss your eyes, nothing more


I cried and I screamed and I felt and I knew that I loved you
and letting go of everything before today is the only way to get through
rain and blades and dirty stages
threaten pure fairytales
that were never pure at all
and black winged fairies blind my eyes with magic dust
falling to earth after their job is done
they walk among us
With blue eyes and cold hearts
tell me what is real, when I loved the music because it saved
Ironic that it might change
to everything I hate becoming everything I love
as shallow as the black eyeliner flicked on the corners of the universe
Tempt me I am the temptress
I am your black winged devil
Crying for sunshine.
Lost in this city.
It will go one way or the other.
or another.
The thing about reaching for the light is you're doing it from the shadows
and the demons that lurk there aren't tired.

No comments: