Sunday, June 27, 2010

retrace.

It used to flow so easily out of me, the frustration and sadness and anger
words unsaid
But now I'm empty. In another light it's called happiness.
And it coincides perfectly with your disappearance
And you say you want it so bad
So bad you couldn't even look me in the eye
and I still know every detail of yours
every speck of gold, every valley of brown, every tear that ever fell in my presence
Tell me this is what you want
Scream it in my face
I want to destroy you. right.
Drop more lines. drop names. drop a heart.
It was always a movie wasn't it?
The heroine just keeps changing
drop the e. That's what we were.
I know I'm not yours. I know I'm not
We loved like blades. We loved to death. almost.
Scars fade. They don't disappear.
Maybe you should stop running
Maybe you need closure
Maybe you should grow up
Maybe I should shut up
Maybe I fucked up
It happened.
Do you ever wonder?
What happens to the kids
Are they hiding inside
Are they watching
Are they crying
Or laughing. Because all along they knew better.
You are my ink.

No comments: