Monday, April 5, 2010

Something more Appealing

Give me something more appealing than this overheated room
I love the sweat it brings, but it's lonely without you
Give me a hand to brush the hair away from my stubborn face
give me your lips, give me your skin, salt from tears to taste

In the shadows, I know not what you do
words unheard drop like thorns off the rose we plucked too soon
the branches fell around and tore our clothes and skin
colored white roses red to match the mood of love and lust and death

call it art call it life call it sick and revel in this mess
twisting turning bodies or spinning dice or still concrete
calling out the same question feeling drafts and thinking nothing
We all will fall, the worms will surely come
don't worry, keep spinning in dresses
Know everything or nothing or pretend
but just keep singing
We will all fall down together.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Very well written. Good imagery.