Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Growing up Is hard to do

I can't really be turned off by your words
Because your talent overrides my desire to cry
I can't help but be proud, and admit you are right
I realized it too, I'm not changing for you
The alliteration of a girl who was lost sometimes true
I'm moving on from her not from you
I want you happy, and to be the same,
You can't see the changes with distance blocking the way

I'm sorry for the pain, but not for the time
and not for I love you, because that wasn't a lie.
Don't cease your pen, and I don't care what it scribes
if it's hate for me or a new love of your life
I can't help but find you beautiful
I'm taking baby steps, and you can take your time.
Couldn't live counting the seconds until you were mine

Yeah a picture speaks a thousand words but no one takes pictures of
lonely computer labs, or sleeping alone
Days spent wanting your voice on the phone
You prove dangerous, you prove comfortable
You want to break me, I'm here, I'm breakable
I'll take it just fix you, one day I'll prove that what I said was true.

It's hard to feel summer in this wonderland
It's hard to feel anything but I'll take the stand
testify to the light that pierced the darkest days
Why I failed to commit as you say
That line should probably drop a bomb on my day
But it's true and I lived so it will wash away

We all fall down to learn how to look up
To act in love not anger, the hardest task shed the mask
shed the pride, shed the things that make you cry
fight for what scares you most and be turned on by love not lust.
Let the music move you not destroy you
try as hard as you can to write the song and not the business plan.
When you want it, There's still songs here waiting to be heard.


No comments: